The Time Warner Cable Acceptable Use Policy applies to the use of TWC’s Services, including our High Speed Data Service and Home Phone Service. The policy is one of the Customer Agreements referred to in TWC’s Residential Services Subscriber Agreement, which govern your use of TWC’s Services. As a result, in using our Services, you are required to observe the non-exhaustive list of restrictions contained in this policy as well as the terms and conditions contained in our other Customer Agreements. Capitalized terms that are used in this policy but not defined here have the meanings ascribed to them in the Residential Services Subscriber Agreement.
Time Warner Cable’s goal is to provide all of our residential customers with the best residential services experience we can. Accordingly, we take our Acceptable Use Policy very seriously and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account if it is used in violation of the policy or our other Customer Agreements, as well as to take any appropriate legal action to enforce our rights.
Our residential Services are provided to you for your reasonable, personal, non-commercial use only. The Services cannot be used for any enterprise purpose whatsoever whether or not the enterprise is directed toward making a profit. If it is your intention to use any of our Services for these purposes, please contact TWC to inquire whether we offer commercial services meeting your needs.
Time Warner Cable seeks to create and foster an on-line community that can be used and enjoyed by all its High Speed Data Service customers. Please assist us by observing the following guidelines:
• The High Speed Data Service may not be used to engage in any conduct that interferes with TWC's ability to provide service to others, including the use of excessive bandwidth.
• The High Speed Data Service may not be used in a manner that interferes with TWC's efficient operation of its facilities, the provision of services or the ability of others to utilize the High Speed Data Service in a reasonable manner. TWC may use various tools and techniques to protect the security and integrity of its networks, which may include detecting malicious traffic patterns, preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code, and such other tools and techniques as TWC may from time to time determine appropriate.
• The High Speed Data Service may not be used to breach or attempt to breach the security, the computer, the software or the data of any person or entity, including TWC, to circumvent the user authentication features or security of any host, network or account, to use or distribute tools designed to compromise security, or to interfere with another's use of the High Speed Data Service through the posting or transmitting of a virus or other harmful item to deliberately overload or flood that entity's system.
• In using the High Speed Data Service, you may not use an IP address or client ID not assigned to you, forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network by the use of sniffers, SNMP tools or any other method.
• The High Speed Data Service may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including to post or transmit content that violates child pornography statutes or contains graphic visual depictions of sexual acts or sexually explicit conduct involving children, or other depictions of children, the primary appeal of which is prurient. Submit complaints regarding the posting, distribution or availability of child pornographic material via https://www.charter.net/page/reportabuse.
NOTE: If you have information regarding a child who is currently being harmed or exploited, you should immediately contact your local law enforcement.
• The High Speed Data Service may not be used to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any materials or content that violate or infringe on the rights or dignity of others. These include, but are not limited to, materials infringing or compromising intellectual property rights or the ability to maintain trade secrets and other personal information as private; the ability to avoid hate speech; threats of physical violence; harassing conduct; sexually oriented material that is offensive or inappropriate; and unsolicited bulk e-mail. To review Time Warner Cable’s copyright repeat infringer and DMCA notice and takedown policies, please see Abuse Reporting: Copyright Infringement Complaints.
• The High Speed Data Service may not be used to engage in or foster any consumer fraud such as illegal gambling, “Make Money Fast” schemes, chain letters, Pyramid, or other investment schemes, or to make or encourage people to accept fraudulent offers by e-mail, USENET or other means, of products, items or services, originating from your account, or through a third party which implicates your account or to post or transmit off-topic or commercial messages on bulletin boards.
You may not engage in any of the above activities using the service of another provider, while channeling such activities through your High Speed Data Service account or using your account as a mail drop for responses.
Time Warner Cable seeks to make its Home Phone Service the best residential voice service possible. Please assist us by observing the following guidelines:
When using the Home Phone Service, you may not:
TWC may use various tools and techniques to monitor and ensure compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy and our other Customer Agreements. When an account exhibits calling patterns indicating potentially inappropriate use, such as excessive call volumes or abnormal long distance usage, we may review the account’s calling patterns further. However, we will not monitor your telephone conversations for the purpose of determining whether you are complying with this policy.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Home Phone Service at any time if you violate these policies or the terms of our other Customer Agreements. Except in extraordinary situations, we will contact you before taking action to discuss the cause of any unusual calling patterns or other activity giving rise to our concerns and to resolve the matter with you. However, if your use of the Home Phone Service continues to violate this policy, then your Home Phone Service will be suspended and you will be sent a disconnection notice. During any such service suspension, you will be able to make local calls, including calls to reach 911 emergency services, and receive incoming calls, and you will be permitted to move your current telephone number(s) to a new service provider provided that you do so prior to the disconnection date contained in your suspension letter.